- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Anthropoeconomics: 21st Century Economic Policy
The Policy Corner, 15. Februar, 18:30 – 20:00
Join us for the panel discussion on current global challenges on February 15 2018, 6.30pm at Freie Universität Berlin!
The event is a follow-up of the 2017 Policy Corner Essay Competition. It will address the notion of “Anthropoeconomics”. This approach to economics provides alternative economic policies that put the human being at center stage of economic policy solutions.
Climate change, rising inequality, populism, and poverty: the topics broached by the competition essayists reflect the manifold challenges of mankind in the 21st century. What most submissions had in common is that they put the human being at center stage and also recognized that modern policies require thinking “outside the box” of standard economic theory as well as cross-sectional and inclusive approaches.
– George Bauer, 1st winner of the Essay Competition on Rethinking Economic Policy (Title of the Essay: “Back to the Future – Populism and Spatial Inequality”)
– Anna Cavazzini, Advisor for Sustainable Development Goals at Bread for the World
– Tyson Barker, Aspen Institute Germany, Program Director Digital Program
– Prof. Rajshri Jayaraman, PhD, Associate Professor of Economics and Faculty Lead, European School of Management and Technology Berlin
– Prof. Dr. Philipp Lepenies, Head of the Environmental Policy Research Center FFU and Visiting Professor for Comparative Politics, Freie Universität Berlin
The event will begin with short inputs by the winning essayists. Then, a panel discussion with distinguished experts will follow and address questions such as
– Which economic approaches can help us to achieve a human-centered focus in policymaking?
– Why is it important for economic policy to center on the human being? To what extent do standard economic approaches fail to do this?
– What current policy approaches exemplify this today?
We thank the Institute for New Economic Thinking, the Young Scholar Initiative and the Freie Universität Berlin for their support!
IMPORTANT: Please note that pictures might be taken during the event and the debate will be live-streamed on Facebook!